A petition started by an Auckland parent calling for consultation on the IES initiative â€“ please feel free to link to this from your school newsletter or Facebook page!
Discuss in your school
Discuss these questions with your school communities, principals, teachers, support staff and BoTs.
- What should be invested in education to support student success?
- What are the benefits/ risks of the Government proposals?
- What are the potential implications of the Executive Principal (ie 1 â€œsuper principalâ€ to 10 schools)?
- Can this initiative be seen as a review of school governance by stealth?
- What might a cross-sector (ie primary and secondary) cluster look like in your area?
- What steps can we take to make sure our school communities are well informed about these initiatives?
You can use the calculator to support your discussions
Images to use in your organising
These files are in a large format which is good for printing in a poster.
Materials to support your discussions about the Government’s “Investing in Educational Success” initiative with colleagues, parents and Boards
NZEI media release: NZEI members to vote on new education roles